POSITION OBJECTIVE: Perform as a subject matter expert in molecular cancer biology and pharmacology in support of Athenex clinical and nonclinical development programs.
This is an office based position, located in our Buffalo, New York office.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities
- Supports development of pipeline projects and clinical programs through execution of fundamental research utilizing molecular biology techniques, including but not limited to,
- DNA/RNA isolation
- protein analysis
- Supports development of pipeline projects and clinical programs through execution of fundamental research utilizing cell biology techniques, including but not limited to,
- flow cytometry
- cell viability assays
- cell microscopy
- sterile mammalian cell culture
- generation of research cell banks
- Develop applied screening assays to aid in IND candidate selection.
- Perform research in support of the translation of in vitro testing to appropriate preclinical species and models.
- Contribute to program strategy through testing the synergy of proprietary compounds in combination with available anticancer agents.
- Contribute to drafting standard operating/methodology protocols, data review/analysis, and report preparation.
- May perform other duties as assigned
Education & Experience
- Minimum of Master of Science degree in Pharmaceutical Sciences or related field; PhD preferred
- At least 1 year of related experience in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry preferred; experience in oncology is beneficial
- Hands-on experience with cell and molecular biology techniques required
- Experience handling preclinical animal species and specimens and working with infectious agents (Risk Group 2, Biosafety Level 2) required
- Fluent use of scientific graphing and analysis software (Excel, Sigma plot, GraphPad, etc.) required
- Strong understanding of the drug development process with experience managing data, writing preclinical research reports, and regulatory submissions preferred
- Understanding of regulatory guidances preferred
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent written and oral communication, interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Ability to maintain Good Laboratory Practices (GLP) work environment
- Ability to manage multiple projects, within tight timelines, independently and collaboratively
- Organization of experimental data and samples
- Ability to stand at the benchtop throughout the workday (required)
- Must be able to perform laboratory tasks in basic personal protective equipment
- Biology laboratory work includes use of biological and chemical materials and reagents
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
Athenex is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Athenex is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please notify HR and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.