Visual Inspection and Finishing (Multiple openings - 1st and 2nd Shift)
This position is responsible for the performance of all manufacturing activities in the Controlled/Non-Classified area of the plant and completion of all Finishing operations for 503B production. The Operator performs all operations including visual inspection, labeling, and final packaging. The Operator coordinates with the area Lead to ensure production is completed in compliance with cGMPs and department SOPs.
1st shift (10am-6:30pm M-F)
2nd shift (2pm-10:30pm M-F)
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities
- Achieve status as a Qualified Inspector through initial training and testing procedures; maintain qualification status at required retest intervals
- Setup and operate all secondary packaging equipment – visual inspection booths, label dispensers, and Label Barcode Verification systems
- Process semi-finished product thru the visual inspection, labeling and packaging processes as described in approved departmental SOPs
- Execute job duties as described in departmental SOPs and in accordance with relevant cGMP guidelines
- Document all necessary information in Master Batch Records and area logbooks, as per Good Documentation Practices SOP
- Accurately perform inspections/reconciliation of packaging components
- Review and maintain logbooks, production batch records, and associated documents to comply with SOP guidelines
- Maintain a clean and organized work area at all times
- Assist in achieving environmental, health, and safety goals by working safely and observing all general plant and department safety policies
- Remain current on proper procedures by reviewing current, revised, and new SOP’s relating to the job and to the department
- Perform tasks in the production / packaging of product to provide on-time delivery to customers
- Troubleshoot equipment and coordinate corrective actions to reduce or eliminate defects, rejects, or equipment downtime
- Provide input on updates to departmental SOPs, Master Batch Records or other departmental documentation
- Participate in training new employees.
- Able to lift up to 25 lbs., and move materials weighing up to 400 lbs. using the appropriate equipment.
- Assist in other daily activities required of the area as assigned
Required Education & Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- At least 6 months of experience in a manufacturing or production related role preferred; FDA regulated industry experience is a plus
- Must pass a visual acuity test to obtain Visual Inspector Qualification status
- Strong mechanical aptitude, technical ability to setup/operate packaging equipment
- Knowledge of current Good Manufacturing Procedures (cGMP) as they relate to production packaging activities
- Strong knowledge of finished goods and production reconciliation methods
- Effective and efficient operation of manual production equipment
- Demonstrated effective written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to quickly make decisions and understand the impact on processes and employees
- Strong team-oriented work ethic
- Able to lift, push, and /or pull up to 50 pounds
- Detail-oriented and self-motivated
- Excellent hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity
- Excellent math skills: ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide
- Ability to read, comprehend, write, and communicate effectively in English
- Ability to carry out detailed written or oral instructions
- Ability to work and communicate with others in a professional and effective manner, within a team-oriented environment
- This is a safety sensitive position and/or a position which has the potential to significantly impact the health or safety of other employees or members of the public. It requires passing a pre-employment drug screen in compliance with federal drug testing rules.
- Hourly rate starting at $16 per hour
- Shift differential of $0.75 per hour for 2nd shift
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, Life Insurance, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, Flexible Spending Account, and more!
Athenex is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Athenex is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please notify HR and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
This is a safety sensitive position and/or a position which has the potential to significantly impact the health or safety of other employees or members of the public. It requires passing a pre-employment drug screen in compliance with federal drug testing rules.