POSITION OBJECTIVE: As part of our global accounting team the Staff Accountant will be responsible for all aspects of accounting for certain wholly owned subsidiaries. The Staff Accountant’s responsibilities could also include preparing both internal and external reporting packages, financial statement analysis and preparation of audit schedules. The Staff Accountant will also be responsible for special projects as directed. This position will interact with all departments within the organization.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities
- Process supplier payments on daily basis
- Review and record payroll expenses, employee expenses and credit card transactions
- Prepare bank reconciliations
- Prepare month end journal entries and Balance Sheet reconciliations
- Assist with monthly, quarterly and year-end close
- Assist with preparation of monthly financial statements and supporting schedules
- Assist with analyzing financial statements and report on variances
- Assist with budgeting, forecasting and analysis of budget vs. actual
- Assist with preparation of R&D monthly cash spending analysis report
- Assist with external auditing matters
- Assist in documentation and monitoring of internal controls and the associated testing under Sarbanes Oxley
- Assist with the implementation of new accounting systems and process required as the company grows
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required; Masters degree in Accounting or MBA preferred
- 2+ years of experience in an Accounting role
- Certified Public Accountant or CPA candidate preferred
- Thorough understanding of US GAAP
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- General knowledge of accounting systems (QAD preferred)
- Experience in pharmaceutical or life sciences industry preferred
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent communication and organizational skills as well as the ability to work seamlessly as part of a team or independently.
- Highly detail oriented and organized in work
- Ability to quickly prioritize multiple tasks and responsibilities and complete them within time constraints
- Ability to act and operate independently with minimal direction from manager to accomplish objectives
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
Athenex is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Athenex is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please notify HR and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.