Buildings and Grounds Associate
POSITION OBJECTIVE: Assists Maintenance team in exterior plant operations, equipment reliability and preventative maintenance to all tools used in the exterior maintenance of the facility. Hours of this position are 5:00 AM to 1:30 PM, Monday through Friday.
REPORTS TO: Maintenance Manager
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities
- Assists in exterior maintenance tasks to include mowing, snow removal, sweeping, cleaning, power washing, window washing, general clean up, shrub and tree pruning
- Operates all types of machinery used in the exterior maintenance of buildings and grounds
- Ability to operate UTVs, zero turn and deck mowers, leaf blowers, weed whackers, sprayers, snow blowers, snow plows, fork lifts, platform lifts and skid steers
- Perform preventative and general mechanical maintenance and repairs to equipment including spare parts, oils, fuels, etc
- Provides critical response in seasonal conditions such as snow removal. Some extended hours may be necessary to accomplish best results
- Works with exterior subcontractors for contracts such as exterminators, snow plowing or landscaping
- Assists in establishing standards and policies for maintenance schedules for Athenex
- May provide support to indoor maintenance team as schedule permits
- May perform other duties as assigned
Required Education& Experience
- Minimum of three years of exterior maintenance experience with unit repairs, mechanics, parts replacement, small and large engine service as·
- well as overall preventative maintenance
- Knowledge of building exterior systems such as siding, roofing, calking, overhead doors, concrete, pavement, and walk in entrances are required.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of general OSHA and other safety regulations required
- Must have understanding of specific OSHA, EPA and DEC standards as they relate to the plant exterior environment
- Must be available to provide reasonable response to critical situations (weather, etc.) required to maintain the facility
- Must be available for off hour and weekend hours for projects as needed
- Must be able to balance tasks as weather permits- and adjust schedule accordingly
- Effective communicator, good moral character and strong verbal/written skills willing to assist others and be assisted in operations when grouped in a team
- Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs.
- Working conditions will vary based on the weather
Athenex is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Athenex is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please notify HR and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.