Senior Scientist, Cell Therapy
POSITION OBJECTIVE: In this role, you will be responsible for providing hands-on support of laboratory activities related to the TCR screening & validation process steps and play a pivotal role in supporting the development of a next-generation TCR-NKT cell platform.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities
- Supervise and provide hands-on technical support of laboratory activities related to the screening and validation of candidate TCRs for application in the Athenex cell therapy platforms.
- Train and guide a team of research associates, performing experiments to isolate and characterize patient-derived neo-antigen specific TCRs.
- Provide day-to day status updates of ongoing laboratory activities across an integrated cross-functional team to ensure collaboration.
- Prepare data reports and presentations to inform the selection of TCRs for clinical use.
- Serve as a subject matter expert for methods utilized for TCR discovery and collaborate with the Cell Therapy research team to support the identification, validation, and implementation of process step improvements.
- Maintain pace with the scientific field (academic and biotechnology) via constant review and analysis of literature and conference abstracts.
- Drafting and reviewing of protocols, SOPs, technical reports, and regulatory documents to support clinical development.
- Maintain a safe and “state of the art” cell and molecular biology laboratory environment per industry standards and internal Athenex guidelines and SOPs.
- Mentor and develop other personnel.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education & Experience
- PhD with at least 3 years of relevant work experience in Immunology or a related field. Industry experience is a plus.
- Deep knowledge of immunological techniques, including magnetic bead-based cell separation of human immune cells (T cells, B cells, Dendritic cells and others), phenotypic and functional evaluation of immune cells by flow cytometry (surface and intracellular staining, proliferation tracking, cytotoxicity assays) and genetic modification of primary immune cells and cell lines utilizing retroviruses and gene editing tools (e.g. CRISPR-Cas9).
- Experience with drafting and reviewing documentation to support clinical development and regulatory submissions.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- A strong sense of urgency with regards to work duties and the ability to deliver results based on challenging timelines.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate results to a diverse cross-functional audience.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced growing company environment and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills.
- Must be able to interact and communicate effectively at all levels of the company.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Cell and molecular biology-based laboratory work including use of biological and chemical materials and reagents.
- Occasional travel may be required
Athenex is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Athenex is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please notify HR and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.