Visual Inspection and Finishing Operator Trainer
POSITION OBJECTIVE: As the visual inspection trainer, you will train new hires on the company’s visual inspection techniques for finished goods and you will serve as a subject matter expert. In addition, you will be responsible for ensuring the accurate production, documentation of pharmaceutical products and maintaining a safe manufacturing environment.
REPORTS TO: Manufacturing Manager of Finishing Operations Production
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities
- Train personnel on visual inspection techniques to minimize the introduction of unintended particles to patients during the delivery of injectable drugs
- Participate in the manufacturing process by performing visual inspection of compounded drug product per procedure
- Participate in the manufacturing process by performing labeling and final packaging of drug product
- Assist in the creation of new manufacturing process documentation, procedures, policies, and batch records
- Accurately enter manufacturing data to production documents, logbooks, and records
- Use all approved and issued Personal Protective Equipment as directed by policy and procedures
- Maintain, prepare, clean, and disinfect production areas and environments, including fixtures and equipment per procedure
- Participate in the inventory management and physical counts as required
- Work effectively with other team members to achieve objectives
- Follow procedures regarding safety, quality, and cleanliness of department.
- Monitor product for quality.
- Read and comply with all Standard Operating Procedures and Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Participate in training new employees.
- Assist in other daily activities required of the area as assigned
- May perform other duties as assigned
Required Education & Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of one year of experience in visual inspection of drug products
- At least one year experience in pharmaceutical manufacturing
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of GMP and GDP
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to use a computer for data entry, knowledge in Microsoft Windows
- Able to interact positively with others in the workplace
- Able to prioritize work tasks for maximum productivity and efficiency
- Strong attention to detail
- Must pass a visual acuity test
- This position requires employees to gown in scrubs while performing tasks
- Able to lift up to 25 lbs. and move materials weighing up to 400 lbs using the appropriate equipment.
Athenex is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Athenex is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please notify HR and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
This is a safety sensitive position and/or a position which has the potential to significantly impact the health or safety of other employees or members of the public. It requires passing a pre-employment drug screen in compliance with federal drug testing rules.