Incoming Quality Control Inspector I
POSITION OBJECTIVE: Support the lQC workflow and processes in an efficient and effective manner supporting Operations Department for materials needed for manufacture of pharmaceutical products.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities
- Conducts sampling and inspections of all incoming materials to support multiple facets of the company.
- Follows good documentation practices per company standard operating procedures.
- Creates sample labels for finished goods, clinical, IQC, and bulk materials.
- Reviews and verifies sampling and inspections performed by peer inspectors.
- Maintains safe and healthy working conditions in the assigned work area.
- Performs safe sampling of pharmaceutical ingredients and excipients for In-House and Outside Laboratory testing.
- Recognizes nonconforming inspection results and reports them promptly to IQC management.
- Works with other groups to ensure inspection timelines are met and reports routine status updates to IQC management.
- Creates specifications in laboratory management system for packaging and supply items per vendor CofAs and internal requirements.
- Properly disposes of chemical waste in appropriately according to health, safety, and environmental practices.
- Coordinates laboratory samples / paperwork shipment and entry into laboratory management system following standard operating procedures.
- Assists with the filing of documents as needed.
- Responsible for the efficient utilization of resources and supplies to reduce waste and achieve cost reduction.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Education & Qualifications
- High School diploma (or equivalent) with at least 6 months of relevant work experience
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to follow standard operating procedures
- Able to adapt and respond quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Able to communicate in a professional manner and interact with management, clients, and vendors on routine basis
- Must possess good communication skills as well as computer skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
- Organized with the ability to handle multiple work assignments.
- Knowledge of GMP is a plus.
- Must be organized and flexible with an ability to handle multiple work assignments.
- Frequent standing, walking, sitting, bending, stooping, listening, and talking
- Must have a valid drivers license for travel between local sites, up to 10% of the time
- Frequent use of personal computer and office equipment.
- Frequent work under deadlines supporting production including as needed on weekends.
- Occasionally may support off hours based on departmental needs.
- Possible exposure to standard laboratory chemicals and reagents, etc.
- Occasionally lift up to 40lbs.
The position will be located out of our Clarence, NY facility for approximately 2 months for training.
Athenex is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Athenex is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please notify HR and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
This is a safety sensitive position and/or a position which has the potential to significantly impact the health or safety of other employees or members of the public. It requires passing a pre-employment drug screen in compliance with federal drug testing rules.