Senior Electrical Maintenance Technician
POSITION OBJECTIVE: As a Senior Electrical Maintenance Technician, you will assist the Maintenance team in electric and electronic plant operations, equipment reliability and preventative maintenance used in the operation of the Dunkirk facility. Assists in establishing standard operating procedures and policies for electrical maintenance schedules for Athenex.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities
- Performs preventative maintenance and troubleshooting on high speed machinery systems, industrial control systems and instrumentation systems.
- Supports automation projects by assisting with the training of maintenance personnel on troubleshooting controls systems and electrical systems.
- Builds industrial control panels for control upgrades
- Performs on-line/off-line editing and program changes with Rockwell PLCs including RS Logix 5, RS Logix 500, RS Logix 5000 and RS Linx software
- Performs root cause analysis and corrective action implementation of pneumatics, hydraulics, electrical and mechanical components on process and packaging machinery systems and electrical systems using various troubleshooting methodologies and testing procedures.
- Skilled at power distribution with the ability to run all types of conduit and wire.
- Draft and maintain regulatory documents as needed
- Maintains compliance with all Federal, State and local rules and regulations
- Maintains and promotes positive behaviors to ensure a safe working environment at all times; promotes compliance with GMP and SOPs at the facility and in their role.
- Able to effectively communicate with employees, vendors and management.
- Must be able to lift up to 35 pounds; may also be asked to work in confined spaces and in elevated areas.
- Other projects as may be assigned.
Required Education & Qualifications
- Associates or Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering Technology preferred; may consider equivalent experience in lieu of degree
- Minimum of 10 years of similar work experience in a FDA regulated facility or industry
- Strong working knowledge of controls software (Control Logix, Rockwell PLC, RS Logix) and office based software (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
- Familiar with all local, state, and federal codes regulations specifically the NEC, 70E, Confined Space & Lockout/Tagout.
- Proven previous experience in root cause analysis and corrective action implementation
- Skilled at electrical troubleshooting and reading electrical schematics; must be able to use electrical test equipment - multimeters, voltmeters, amp meters, ohmmeters and megohm meters
- Must be able to lift up to 35 pounds
- May also be asked to work in confined spaces and in elevated areas.
- Strong regulatory compliance behaviors in GMP/SOP’s and Safety.
- Good teambuilding and communication skills required.
Athenex is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Athenex is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please notify HR and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.