Human Resources Coordinator
POSITION OBJECTIVE: The Human Resources (HR) Coordinator will complete administrative duties for the Human Resources Department and facilitate the human resources processes at all business locations. This role will assist the HR team with recruitment, onboarding, offboarding, coordinating employee events, visa processing, benefits and leave administration.
This position will be based in our Dunkirk, New York facility but will support all of our Western New York locations.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities
- Performs customer service functions by responding to internal and external HR related inquiries and requests.
- Completes Forms I-9, verifies I-9 documentation and maintains I-9 files.
- Submits background investigation and drug screen requests for onboarding purposes and vendor credentialling
- Reconciles benefits statements. Reviews billings for accuracy and resolves discrepancies with carriers and payroll.
- Prepare pre-employment documentation and initiates the new hire process for new hires.
- Prepares exit paperwork and schedules exit interviews.
- Assists with recruitment and interview process. Tracks status of candidates in ATS and corresponds with candidates throughout the recruiting process.
- Schedules meetings and interviews as requested by HR.
- Assists with scanning of visa documents, printing, and tracking and issuance of employment visas.
- Monitors pending immigration cases to track deadlines/expiration dates.
- Sets up and maintains employee files.
- Assists or prepares correspondence as requested.
- Processes mail and monitor the HR email account.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Required Education & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources or related field, or equivalent experience preferred.
- At least one-year related experience required.
- Working knowledge of HR and employment laws is a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office; advanced knowledge of MS Excel.
- Self-motivated with strong organizational/prioritization skills and ability to multi-task with close attention to detail.
- Exceptional relationship and communication skills with ability to present analyses and findings in both verbal and written formats to all levels of management
- Ability to work with highly sensitive information and maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to positively interact with employees, managers and internal and external customers and business partners.
- Self-starter with initiative who can lead and work in a fast-paced and changing environment and is able to handle multiple priorities and deadlines simultaneously.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at once.
- Must have a valid driver’s license for travel to other Athenex locations as needed.
Athenex is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Athenex is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please notify HR and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.