Quality Control Analyst I
POSITION OBJECTIVE: As a Quality Control Analyst I, you will be responsible for conducting analytical testing at an independent level by conducting complex testing using various wet chemistry and instrumentation techniques.
Essential Job Functions
- Produces analytical work in accordance with all applicable Standard Operating Procedures and approved analytical methods
- Conducts routine laboratory analysis of pharmaceutical raw materials, bulk formulated product and finished goods
- Proficient in the use of analytical techniques and works independently to perform complex chemical and physical analyses on all products and materials, this includes HPLC and QC
- Interprets and documents all test results, calculations, observations and completes repot summaries
- Produces analytical reports, which are accurately documented and with procedural integrity for all work performed.
- Recognizes Non-Conforming results and reports them promptly to Quality Control Management.
- Assists and works with Quality Control Management to complete Laboratory Investigation Reports
- Works as an effective team member to meet departmental objectives, sharing knowledge with the team members and across the laboratory
- Promotes and exemplifies the Athenex Pharma Solutions culture, ensuring the delivery of an exceptional customer experience
- Ensures that assigned trainees receive appropriate training and information necessary to conduct their activities in a safe and healthy manner
- May provide technical troubleshooting support, knowledge transfer and training/coaching to the other junior analysts and laboratory under the guidance of Quality Control Management
- Promotes and maintains a safe, healthy working environment and work area by instructing and enforcing compliance with established safe work practices and procedures
- Practices Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) in a pharmaceutical laboratory environment
- Performs general maintenance and calibration of laboratory equipment
- Responsible for disposing of any waste in a safe manner and maintains cleanliness of the lab.
- May assist in writing of department policies and procedures
Required Education & Qualifications
- 1+ year of work experience in a chemistry laboratory environment
- Bachelor degree in Chemistry or related discipline
- Proficient in the use of analytical techniques; HPLC and QC experience is a plus
- Ability to work independently to perform complex chemical and physical analyses
- Familiarity with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) in a pharmaceutical laboratory environment
- Experience working with Microsoft Excel, Access and Word
- Able to communicate in a professional manner and interact with clients and vendors on a daily basis
- This position requires the passing of a pre-employment drug screen in compliance with federal drug testing rules.
Athenex is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Athenex is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please notify HR and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
This is a safety sensitive position and/or a position which has the potential to significantly impact the health or safety of other employees or members of the public. It requires passing a pre-employment drug screen in compliance with federal drug testing rules.