Postdoctoral Fellow, Cell Therapy Immunology
POSITION OBJECTIVE: As a Postdoctoral Fellow in Cell Therapy Immunology you will work closely with Biology Lab and Cell Therapy staff as a researcher in cancer biology, immunology, and pharmacology in support of Athenex cell therapy development programs.
MANAGES: Has no direct reports
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities
- Aid in development of pipeline projects and clinical programs through execution of fundamental research utilizing cell and molecular biology techniques, including but not limited to, DNA/RNA isolation, PCR, protein analysis, cell microscopy, flow cytometry, cell viability assays, immunofluorescence, immunoblotting, ELISA, sterile mammalian cell culture, and generation of research cell banks.
- Develop applied screening assays to aid in IND candidate selection. Your research will support the translation of in vitro testing to appropriate preclinical species and models.
- Responsibilities will include design and coordination of in vivo translational studies, leading to publication in leading scientific journals.
- Contribute to program strategy through testing the synergy of proprietary compounds in combination with available anticancer agents. Familiarity with protein chemistry, biologics, and drug discovery process, while not required, would be advantageous.
- The novel research conducted as a Postdoctoral Fellow would be complemented by knowledge of current oncology treatments.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education & Experience
- PhD in immunology or a related discipline
- Extensive hands-on experience with flow cytometry
- Experience handling preclinical animal species and specimens
- Experience working with infectious agents (Risk Group 2, Biosafety Level 2)
- Experience with scientific graphing and analysis software (e.g., Excel, Sigma plot, GraphPad, etc.)
- Understanding of regulatory guidances
- Experience in biologics development and manufacturing preferred
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent written and oral communication, interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Ability to maintain Good Laboratory Practices (GLP) work environment
- Manage multiple projects, within tight timelines, independently and collaboratively
- Organization of experimental data and samples
- Resourcefulness, pragmatism, and independent work ethic
- Ability to frequently stand at the benchtop throughout the workday
- Must be able to perform laboratory tasks in basic personal protective equipment
- Biology laboratory work includes use of biological and chemical materials and reagents
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
Athenex is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Athenex is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please notify HR and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.