Quality Control Laboratory Technician
POSITION OBJECTIVE: Support the Quality Control (QC) workflow and processes in an efficient and effective manner. Provide support to QC Analysts with test preparations. Performs simple / routine chemistry tests.
REPORTS TO: Quality Control Supervisor
MANAGES: No direct reports
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities
- Conducts simple lab tests with some complex technical requirements such as pH, Water Determination, physical appearance, etc.
- Follows good documentation practices per company standard operating procedures.
- Practices Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) in a pharmaceutical laboratory environment.
- Perform weekly/monthly laboratory maintenance.
- Use multiple level instrumentation in daily processes, including FTIR, UV vis spectrophotometer, Karl Fisher units, balances, pH meters, etc.
- Reviews and verifies testing performed by peer technicians.
- Support Finished Goods and Stability sample flow and testing as needed.
- Maintains safe and healthy working conditions in the assigned work area.
- Recognizes nonconforming testing results and reports them promptly to QC management.
- Works as an effective team member to meet departmental objectives, sharing knowledge with the team members and across the laboratory
- Utilizes laboratory management system to create specifications and record test results.
- Properly disposes of chemical waste in appropriate waste streams according to health, safety, and environmental practices.
- Coordinates laboratory samples / paperwork shipment and entry into laboratory management system following standard operating procedures.
- Assists with the filing of documents as needed.
- Responsible for the efficient utilization of resources and supplies to reduce waste and achieve cost reduction.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education & Experience
· Bachelor’s in chemistry or related field
· Associates Degree in a scientific field with minimum 1 year relevant experience
· May consider candidates with a high school diploma with minimum 3 years relevant experience.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to follow standard operating procedures.
- Able to adapt and respond quickly in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to communicate in a professional manner and interact with management, clients, and vendors on routine basis.
- Must possess good communication skills as well as computer skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
- Organized with the ability to handle multiple work assignments.
- Knowledge of GMP is a plus.
- Must be organized and flexible with an ability to handle multiple work assignments.
- Frequent standing, walking, sitting, bending, stooping, listening, and talking.
- Must have a valid drivers’ license for travel between local sites, up to 10% of the time.
- Frequent use of personal computer and office equipment.
- Frequent work under deadlines supporting production including as needed on weekends.
- Occasionally may support off hours based on departmental needs.
- Possible exposure to standard laboratory chemicals and reagents, etc.
- Occasionally lift up to 25lbs.
- Hourly rate starting at $17 per hour; increased based on experience
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, Paid Time Off, Life Insurance, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, and more!
Athenex is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Athenex is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please notify HR and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
This is a safety sensitive position and/or a position which has the potential to significantly impact the health or safety of other employees or members of the public. It requires passing a pre-employment drug screen in compliance with federal drug testing rules.